Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My trip to Japan - part 2 - Harajuku (picture heavy)

I've had all these unfinished drafts about my trip to japan lying forever now so I decided to deal with them and finish them to the best of my abilities since I don't remember as much as before I'm sorry...!
So...
On our second day we decided to head to Harajuku, I was VERY excited to go there and I could hardly wait. I didn't feel so fab though so I didn't take any pictures of myself. Harajuku was way better than I could ever have imagined, it was magical. I have never liked a place as much as Harajuku, I felt right at home there. Everywhere you looked you saw fashionable people wearing the coolest outfits! Stores in every alley and stores everywhere you looked! It was plain heaven.


Since we went around christmas and new years all I can say is... SALES! Everything was already cheap before the sales so once the sales began... I might have gone a bit crazy with the shopping. Let's just say that my luggage weighed a total of around 40 kg + 8 kg of hand luggage AND everything was vacuumed packed... It was not so fun trying to pack everything I can tell you that, ended up throwing away at least one pair of shoes *cries*.
Well then back to the main subject...
I did some shopping the first time in Harajuku of course and bought a new wig in Bodylines store. It was way better than I could have expected it to be and it was so much easier to shop there instead of on their website since you could actually see and feel the things they sell. I ended up with 4 wigs from them during the trip, no regrets!

(Haul from first time in Harajuku and second time!)
My favorite store in Harajuku has to be Closet Child without a doubt. It was amazing and way better than their online store! Almost everything in there was in mint condition and some things even had the tags still attached, that would never happen in a secondhand shop here in Sweden. They also got in new things at least once a week but I went in there almost every day and I found something new almost every time. At least 80% of the clothes I bought in Japan came from closet child, that says a lot. Other than that I can't really name a favorite shop in Harajuku besides Ghost of Harlem that resides in La Foret, a big mall like building packed with brand stores. It was really cool in there but I preferred walking around Takeshita street and Harajuku street even though the streets where packed with people most of the times.
I might do a post about different stores in Japan that everyone should visit at least once!

So this is me posing on Harajuku street one day in! The bag says "boys & men" which is one of those debuting(?) boy bands that sometimes perform in Harajuku upstairs by some cafes, I don't regret going there one bit! Me and my friend where just casually walking down Harajuku Street when we potted these super cute guys handing out flyers so we decided to head over to them to check it out and it turns out they where a boy band! Later that afternoon they had a show and they where so kind and changed their clocks and everything since we couldn't quite understand when the show started haha. They where amazingly cute and they even waved from the stage since they recognized us, so embarrassing... ( ///A/// )

(Amanda, Juria, me & Jen)
We also managed to run into Juria! Most of you probably know who she is, she is amazingly cute irl and very polite. She and her friend where heading down Takeshita Street eating crepes but she still stopped and took pictures with us, so nice ~! (My friends also managed to spot Re:NO when I wasn't with them *cries* so jealous)

Even though I'm not that fond of 6% Doki Doki we still had to go there, it was so colorful and amazing wow! All the shop staffs where so cute and taller than I thought they would be! I'm wearing platforms in this pic but they are still almost taller than me (I'm just 158 cm but still). I never bought anything from there but some of my friends did~!

 
"The SAD Cafe" was one of our favorite things to walk by, we never went in since it was always closed by then, but man I must go in there next time! The pictures below are just a super cool window display that we found when we took a shortcut, it's a alice in wonderland themed wedding! So amazing ~!

Now to the food, in Harajuku we mostly ate at an "italian" restaurant that resides on the left at the takeshita street entrance, they had both pasta and pizza which was really good, except for when we accidentally ordered in pasta covered with these tiny fishes that Japanese people eat, ugh.
My favorite place to eat in Harajuku is probably Jonathans though, they had the best hotcakes ever and their pasta was delicious! They also had a drink bar so you could drink as much calpis and melon soda as you possibly could to a very cheap price yum!
I'm not too fond of the Japanese food so it was great for me that they had all these "italian" restaurants everywhere heh...! Bellow is basically what I lived of off for 3 weeks, pasta, pizza and hotcakes. Best diet ever I know!


Had crepes for the first time as well, they where super delicious! But even so I have to say that crepes are a bit overrated tbh, but they where still very good, I'd recommend you to try them at least once!

(worst picture ever but the only one I took haha...)




That's all I have on Harajuku for now, I could probably write a whole essay about it but I will spare you. If you're wondering about the things I bought I will make a post about that later no worries ~! It really was a great experience and I miss waking up and going to Harajuku all the time. If you visit Tokyo you HAVE to go there, you won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. I've always had hard time when it comes to choosing clothing and accessories. But Chicks Alley has provided me with such a great variery of fashion products that I always manage to find something that fits my tastes.

    ReplyDelete